Professional Plant Diagnosis ~ In-store & Online
Our team of experts, including Jim Hole (B.Sc. in Agriculture, Certified Pesticide Applicator & Certified Arborist), will professionally diagnosis the issue and Hole's will contact you with your report and treatment plan.
- Professional diagnosis of plant problem
- Soil test that includes: pH, salts & texture
- Recommendations for treatment, if necessary
- Diagnostic report
- Follow up gardening tips
What to bring with you:
- Proper plant sample size is critical for accurate diagnosis. The larger the plant sample size the better. Affected and non-affected leaves, branches, bark should be included.
- To ensure woody specimens (branches, stem sections, roots and crowns) don't dry out wrap in damp paper towel if necessary and enclose in plastic bag.
- Dig up plants rather than pulling them from the ground to preserve feeder roots.
- Weed identification often requires the entire plant and it must be in good shape.
- Sample garden soil from test area down to 15cm depth. Collect a 250ml sample.
- Potting soil sample should be 1/2 cup (125ml) and taken from the middle of the pot.
- Tupperware or other sealed containers are ideal for preserving insect/disease pests and reducing drying of samples. Keep samples in a cool spot to slow deterioration.
- Photo of the whole tree
- Photo of the trunk where it meets the soil
- Photo of the effected area