Roasted Peppers and Feta Salad
* Approximately 150g of feta cheese, cut into cubes or broken into small chunks
* 3 small bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
* 1 small red onion, finely sliced
* Small handful of kalamata olives
* 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
* A few sprigs each of oregano & thyme
* A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
* White wine vinegar/white balsamico
1. Roast the peppers (dry) in a very hot oven until the skins have blackened. Pop them into a plastic freezer bag, seal , then leave them to ‘steam’ for a few minutes to help loosen the skins.
2. Peel the peppers, remove the seeds, and cut the peppers into wide strips (approx. 1 inch).
3. Arrange the salad ingredients on a large flat plate, sprinkling with the herbs and garlic.
4. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and a little white wine vinegar/white balsamico.
5. Allow the salad to marinate for 30 minutes before serving.