February 4th is the kick-off for my first seminar of the season! In fact, we are listing all of the Free Gardening Talks for the next 3 months.
This year, I’ve increased the number of sessions that I am offering due to the popularity of last year’s sessions. The first session on the 4th is all about getting seeds started indoors for the spring season that is approaching quickly.
I’m going to cover all of the basics for ensuring that you get your plants off to a great start and answer burning questions like:
- Which are the best containers – plastic or fibre?
- What is the best seedling soil mix?
- Can I use garden soil?
- What are heat mats and how do I use them?
- What are the best grow lights for my seedlings?
- Do I need to add fertilizer to my mix?
- When do I start sowing seed indoors?
Now, if you have never grown a thing in your life, don’t worry about it. I will take you through all the steps to ensure that you have success. If you have any specific questions about seeds, sowing or anything else for that matter, I’ll be happy to answer all of them.
January is almost gone…spring is only a few snow drifts away!