How can we ensure our kids (or adults!) are eating their vegetables, and enjoying them too? One thing is certain: everyone loves to dip garden fresh veggies. Try this homemade dip recipe to ensure you are getting the garden-fresh nutrients you need – without the added sugars & preservatives of store-bought dips!
1. Mix equal parts mayonnaise & plain yogurt. For a healthier option, substitute low fat mayonnaise and 0% fat plain yogurt!
2. Next, add the juice of ½ a lemon. Add more or less to adjust recipe to your personal taste!
3. Add ½ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt.
4. Cut in an assortment of your favourite fresh herbs. We recommend chives, dill, French tarragon and a bit of Italian parsley.
Herb scissors are a phenomenal kitchen tool for easy cutting of any type of fresh herb.
5. Eat fresh, although you may store leftovers covered in fridge for up to 7 days.
Also great on steamed beets and zucchini pancakes!